Producer Joshua Casper shows us around Orchestral Companion Strings by SONiVOX.
In this video he demonstrates how to implement and switch between some of the included articulations in this great VSTi Plugin instrument to bring life and realism to his MIDI string arrangement parts.
About Orchestral Companion Strings
Orchestral Companion Strings is an orchestral virtual instrument based on over 9 GB of live string recording content including diverse articulations & bow techniques. It includes 90+ outstanding patches covering string ensembles and sectional patches, including Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Contrabasses. Each patch has been meticulously crafted to deliver as accurate and convincing an experience as possible.
All sections are fully represented, including 1st violins, 2nd violins, violas, cellos and contra basses. Up and down bow bowing, sustain, staccato, and spiccato notes, plus instrument pizzicato and tremolo articulations provide the depth of content needed for convincing ensemble string parts.
- State-of-the-art captures of world-class string ensembles
- 24-bit, dual velocity patches provide expressive textures
- Over 9 GB of content including diverse articulations & bow techniques
- 90+ patches covering string ensembles and sectionals
- Section Strings using Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Contrabasses
- Keyboard mod wheel swells volume for intense dynamics
- Internal FX, LFOs and envelopes for unlimited creative freedom
- 32 & 64-bit; VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX
Check out Orchestral Companion Strings by Sonivox on Plugin Boutique.